One Arrested for Brutal Beating of Syrians, Lebanese in Sofia
One has reportedly been arrested for the brutal beating of two Syrians and a Lebanese national on Slivnitsa Blvd in Sofia on Sunday night.
The attacker was recognized by the assaulted among photos from the archive of criminal records of the Sofia police, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
The press office of the Interior Ministry and the Sofia District Police Directorate did not confirm the information, saying that the investigation was underway.
The assault took place at around 9 pm on Sunday.
The victims, two Syrian nationals and a Lebanese citizen, are legal residents awaiting refugee status or humanitarian status, according to reports of Darik radio.
According to preliminary reports, they were attacked in front of a fast food restaurant by a group of 10, some of whom wore masks and hoods.
Sofia police informed that the assault had most probably been an attempted robbery, not a racist attack.
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol
- » Armed Man Plunders Gas Station in Bulgaria's Sofia City
- » Bulgaria Police Uncover Tax Fraud Worth over BGN 30 M
- » Bulgaria's Dogan Attacker Sentenced to 3.6 Years in Jail
- » Bulgaria's Notorious SAPARD Fraud Case Misfires Again
- » English Chelsea Fans Stabbed in Istanbul Clashes