Ukraine Rulers Deny Reports of President's Chief of Staff Resignation
Ukraine's ruling Party of Regions has denied information about the resignation of the Head of the Presidential Administration Serhiy Lyovochkin.
The news was reported by the Ukrainian ForUm, citing the chairman of the Party of Regions group at the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) Oleksandr Yefremov (Aleksandr Yefremov).
Yefremov has informed at a press briefing Monday that since early in the morning, Lyovochkin was at work, performing his duties.
''I ask you to check information before distributing it," he told journalists, according to a ForUm correspondent.
Media speculated then that his decision has been prompted by the violent crushing of the pro-EU rally in Kiev by riot police Friday into Saturday.
- » Last Communication of Disappeared Malayisian Plane Revealed
- » G7 Warns Russia Over Efforts to Annex Crimea
- » Bulgarian Nationalists to Be Among Observers of Crimea Referendum
- » EC Adopts Framework Safeguarding Rule of Law
- » Poland Moves to Make Shale Gas Extraction Tax-Free by 2020
- » Unrest in Turkey after Death of Teenage Gezi Park Protest Victim