Ukraine Rulers Deny Reports of President's Chief of Staff Resignation
Ukraine's ruling Party of Regions has denied information about the resignation of the Head of the Presidential Administration Serhiy Lyovochkin.
The news was reported by the Ukrainian ForUm, citing the chairman of the Party of Regions group at the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament) Oleksandr Yefremov (Aleksandr Yefremov).
Yefremov has informed at a press briefing Monday that since early in the morning, Lyovochkin was at work, performing his duties.
''I ask you to check information before distributing it," he told journalists, according to a ForUm correspondent.
Media speculated then that his decision has been prompted by the violent crushing of the pro-EU rally in Kiev by riot police Friday into Saturday.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad