New Attack against Syrian Refugees Reported in Bulgaria's Capital
Bulgarian media have reported a new attack on Syrian refugees amid a rise in racist attacks that, human rights organizations claim, has left migrants living in fear.
Two Syrian refugees have been assaulted by a group of 20 men, armed with knives and chains, bTV private TV channel reported.
The two victims, aged 27 and 35, have suffered a broken nose and knife injures on the head respectively.
The information has not been officially confirmed by the police.
Recent xenophobic attacks include the stabbings of an 18-year-old Malian boy and a 17-year-old Syrian national last month.
On 9 November, a 28-year-old Bulgarian man of Turkish descent, was beaten up after being mistaken for an immigrant.
Amnesty International has alarmed that there has been a „dramatic“ increase in the number of refugees, asylum-seekers and migrants coming into Bulgaria this year, mainly from Syria, prompting several anti-immigrant protests organized by far-right groups.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna
The EU is taking responsibility for these migrants' food, health, clothing, education and shelter. The refugees are returning the favor with corruption, crime, hate and terror. The Liberal Left has failed us completely. The EU commission and courts have turned their backs on Europe's own local population in favor of these illegal migrants. If European countries protest handing out free benefits to these illegal migrants the migrants are taking them to court, their legal aid paid for by the very tax payers who are being raped, vandalized, terrorized by the migrants. And in every case the EU courts have sided with the illegal migrants.This is the end of Europe as we know it.