Hitachi Expert: Bulgaria Must Conduct its Own Renewable Energy Debate
Fumitoshi Emura, head of Hitachi's department for "Smart city projects and social innovation" was in Sofia to present his company's vision for "Smart Community 2020".
The presentation, part of the 24th Days of Japanese Culture in Bulgaria, included examples of Hitachi's "smart community" projects in Maui (Hawaii), Malaga (Spain), the UK, and several Japanese cities.
Mr. Emura told Novinite.com that Bulgaria should conduct its own internal debate on renewable energy, in order to identify what the main issues are, and what model is most suitable. Only then can Japanese companies, like Hitachi get involved, primarily in the area of consultancy.
"Each region must consider what mechanism fits best its own market and culture. So far, Japan has been mostly exporting its technology. This is not enough; now we must seek deeper collaboration to adapt to the specificities of the local market and culture", added Emura.
The Japanese expert said that state regulations can often be a barrier to the realization of smart projects.
Currently, the Bulgarian government is working on its strategy for improving the country's energy efficiency in the framework of the European Union's 2020 program.
- » Azerbaijan Ready to Invest in Bulgaria’s gasification
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32
- » Tesla Began the Serial Production of Solar Roofs
- » Minister of Energy: There are no Grounds for Raising the Price of Electricity
- » Bulgaria's NPP Kozloduy Opens 21.2 mln Euro Repair
- » Russia has Delivered the First Quantities of Liquefied Gas in the UK