Japanese Film Sheds Light on Bulgaria's Thracian Past
The Japanese Travel Channel has made a film about famous sites in Bulgaria's Haskovo region.
The focus falls on the statue of the Virgin Mary in Haskovo, as well as the Alexandrovo Tomb and the Museum of Тhracian Art in the Eastern Rhodopes.
The Museum has been built with a grant of nearly USD 3 M from the Japanese government, and opened in 2009 by Prince Akishino.
The Alexandrovo Tomb is among the 100 National Tourist Sites of Bulgaria, and a candidate for the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The film will be aired in Japan starting March 2014. Travel Channel has over 15 million viewers across the country.
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists
- » Ryanair's Sofia Flights Moved to Terminal 2 as of Monday
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Expects 40% Rise in Russian Tourists in 2017
- » Bulgaria Set to Record 8-Million Tourist Mark
- » Burgas Airport to Reopen on Saturday
- » Bulgaria Enables Online Purchase of Train Tickets