Japanese Film Sheds Light on Bulgaria's Thracian Past
The Japanese Travel Channel has made a film about famous sites in Bulgaria's Haskovo region.
The focus falls on the statue of the Virgin Mary in Haskovo, as well as the Alexandrovo Tomb and the Museum of Тhracian Art in the Eastern Rhodopes.
The Museum has been built with a grant of nearly USD 3 M from the Japanese government, and opened in 2009 by Prince Akishino.
The Alexandrovo Tomb is among the 100 National Tourist Sites of Bulgaria, and a candidate for the UNESCO World Heritage List.
The film will be aired in Japan starting March 2014. Travel Channel has over 15 million viewers across the country.
- » Over 1,000 Cruise Passengers Arrive at Burgas Port
- » 15th Edition of Food and Beverage Tourism Fair Held in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Airport Reports Strong Growth of Passengers
- » 170,000 Foreign Tourists Visit Bulgaria During Easter Holiday
- » The Post Office: Bulgaria - The Cheapest Beach Holiday Destination
- » Sunny Beach is Best Value Destination For British Tourists