IMF Mission Starts Visit to Bulgaria for Annual Review
A mission of the International Monetary Fund is visiting Sofia November 6 - 15 to undertake the annual review of the Bulgarian economy, also called the Article IV Consultation.
The mission is headed by Ms. Michele Shannon, who assumed earlier this year mission chief responsibilities for Bulgaria.
This will be Ms. Shannon's second visit to the country.
Ms. Michele Shannon succeeded Ms. Catriona Purfield, whose term expired last year.
“The mission team will discuss economic developments and policies with the Bulgarian
authorities. It will hold meetings with officials from the Ministry of Finance, the Bulgarian
National Bank, and other government agencies, as well as with representatives from the
private sector and non-government organizations,” the Resident Representative of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Bulgaria and Romania, Guillermo Tolosa, said in an official statement.
The mission will disseminate its conclusions at the end of the visit.
- » EC Puts Italy, France on Economic Watch-List, Praises Spain
- » Bulgarian Municipalities Demand 2-3% of Personal Income Tax
- » Bulgaria's Employee GDP Increases by 2.3% - NSI
- » Bulgaria's Banks Record BGN 72.4M Profit in Jan 2014
- » Wealthiest Russians, Ukrainians Losing Billions in Crimea Conflict
- » Deposit Interest Rates Slightly Increase - BNB