Bulgaria's Varna Featured at Prestigious Tourism Fair
Bulgaria's Black Sea Varna Municipality is participating with its own stand at the world's largest tourism exhibition, World Travel Market (WTM) in London.
The event started Monday and will last 4 days. It is held in London's huge exhibition center "Excel." 48 000 people, representatives of the tourism industry from 180 countries, including Bulgaria, are attending.
The tourism fair in London is the largest for professionals and second most prestigious after ITB- Berlin. Bulgaria and the municipality of Varna are participating in the exhibition in Great Britain for the 33rd time.
The Bulgarian expo is located on an area of 293 square meters. Its motto is BULGARIA - A DISCOVERY TO SHARE" and it presents 28 offers of travel companies and municipal administrations. Besides beach and ski vacations, the focus is also on cultural, spa and wellness, and adventure tourism.
Bulgaria's Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy Branimir Botev will participate in the business program of WTM. On Tuesday, he is participating in meetings of tourism ministers organized by the World Tourism Organization at the United Nations. Experts assess tourism as a highly profitable sector of the economy. To date, annual turnover from tourism is estimated at USD 1.3 T.
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Bansko Ski Slopes Open Partially Friday
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Up 8.9% Oct 2013 Y/Y
- » Bulgaria to Cooperate with Balkan States to Attract Chinese Tourists
- » Bulgaria's Tourism Performs Way above Int'l Average - Deputy Min
- » Environment Inspectors Uncover Violations at Top Bulgarian Ski Resort