Head-on Truck Collision Takes 2 Foreign Lives in Bulgaria
A severe accident in Bulgaria, between two trucks with foreign license plates, took the lives of two people overnight.
A head-on collision between a tractor trailer from Belarus and a tractor trailer from Turkey occurred on the road connecting the Danube city of Ruse and the town of Byala in northern Bulgaria. Both drivers were smashed inside the vehicles and died on the spot.
According to reports, three trucks from Belarus had been driving with high speed, following each other without keeping distance, despite the warning signs of dangerous curves, when the last of them went into oncoming traffic and hit the Turkish vehicle.
It took Civil Defense nearly half an hour to remove the bodies from the mangled cabins. The identity of both drivers has been established.
The road will remain closed for traffic until at least noon, and drivers will have to use a detour.
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year
- » Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014