Sofia Art Students Block Main Street, Want Govt Out
Bulgarian students from the National Academy for Theater and Film Arts blocked shortly the main Rakovska Street in Sofia on Monday morning in protest against the Socialist-led government.
But instead of staging an art performance as they had previously dones, the students from National Academy for Theater and Film Arts, NATFIZ issued a declaration to show support for Sofia University students and all other students currently protesting in Bulgaria.
"Today we will do the talk. Today we want to say: the non-complacent drive the world ahead, change it.
"Anyone who supports us, supports a struggle for a better future and dignity. Do not say tomorrow we will start the big changes, today we will earn our living," says a public statement issued by the students to the media.
Students from several universities have accused thier rectors of putting them under pressure to make them cease the occupation.
Blockade of Universities is currently the most popular form of protest among Bulgarian student who oppose the government of PM Plamen Oresharski.
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year
- » Bulgaria on Alert for Strong Winds, Snow
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014
- » Only 20% of Bulgarian Roma Have Jobs – Study
- » 62% of Bulgarians against Accepting More Refugees – Poll