Birmingham Airport Evacuated over Bomb Warning
The main terminal at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport in Alabama was briefly evacuated Sunday after a note was found warning of a bomb, officials said.
The evacuation was prompted by a note found in the men's bathroom at about 4 p.m. local time (5 p.m. ET), said Toni Bast, an airport spokeswoman.
The evacuation forced about 12 flights to be either diverted or delayed, Bast said.
The "all clear" was given shortly after 6 p.m. (7 p.m. ET), she said.
The evacuation comes just days after a gunman opened fire in the Los Angeles International Airport, killing a TSA officer and wounding three other people.
- » Ukrainian PM Asks 20 B from EU to Ink Association Deal
- » Defiant Pro-EU Protesters in Kiev Rebuild Barricades
- » 3 Czech Parties Ink Coalition Agreement
- » Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
- » Kiev Riot Police Withdraws, Attempt to Oust Protesters Fails
- » Ashton Witnesses Kiev Clashes, Impressed by Ukrainians' Firmness