Accident with Bulgarian-Registered Car Leaves 2 Dead in Tuscany
Two people died and four were been seriously wounded in a car crash near Livorno, Tuscany, according to Italian media outlets.
A Volvo C60 with a Bulgarian registration plate driven by a 40-year-old Romanian citizen swerved into the opposite lane and collided head-on with a Ford Focus with five people on board, according to mediapool.bg.
A woman aged 65 died on the spot, a 63-year-old man died in hospital, and three others were seriously wounded, two of them in critical condition.
The Romanian citizen, a truck driver, also suffered serious wounds and is to undergo 30-day treatment at a hospital.
During this period, he will be under home arrest at the hospital, as the laboratory tests showed that the blood alcohol level had been six times above the norm.
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
- » Bulgarians among Top Complainants with Strasbourg Court