Gunman Opens Fire at Los Angeles Airport
A Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agent and another person, possibly a suspect, were wounded in a shooting Friday morning at the Los Angeles International Airport.
Airport officials said a police incident began about 9:30 a.m. at Terminal 3 at LAX, according to the CNN.
A man armed with a rifle approached a checkpoint at the terminal and opened fire.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the gunman was wounded in the accident.
Terminals 2 and of LAX were evacuated and police cut off access to the airport. Flights were grounded.
By 10:50 local time, law enforcement sources informed that at least three people had been wounded in the accident and that the suspect was in custody.
- » Ukraine Denies Entry of Russian Opposition Leader
- » Italy's Govt Removes State Subsidies for Political Parties as of 2017
- » Medvedev Urges Ukraine to Overcome ‘Tectonic Split’
- » Thousands Wait to Pay Final Respects to Mandela
- » Romanian Super-Immunity Bill Causes Turmoil
- » Facebook Introduces New Auto-Playing Videos Feature