Bulgarian National Team Coach Extends Contract
Bulgaria's national football team head coach, Lyuboslav Penev has extended his contract for another 2 years.
The President of the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) Borislav Mihaylov and Lyuboslav Penev concluded their negotiations, reaching an agreement to extend the coach's contract until the end of the qualification rounds for the 2016 European Championships.
Penev took over the national side in 2011, shortly after the team had finished in last place in its qualification group for the 2012 European Championships.
Under Penev's leadership, Bulgaria earned some prestigious results, including an away win in the Netherlands and a draw against Italy.
- » Bulgaria’s Pulev to Face American Joey Abell
- » World Cup 2014 Groups Drawn
- » Bulgaria's Pulev Opponent Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight
- » Russia's Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria's Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report