Bulgarian Students in Glasgow Show Support for Anti-Govt Occupation
Over 20 Bulgarian students in Glasgow, Scotland gathered on Thursday night to express their support for the university occupations in Sofia.
The group gathered outside the Modern Art Gallery, despite the pouring rain. The students are from the University of Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian University, University of Strathclyde, and the Glasgow School of Art.
"We fully support our Bulgarian colleagues who occupied their academic buildings, demanding the resignation of PM Plamen Oresharski's cabinet. We hope their actions will pave the way for a true change in our country", read the official statement of the students.
The Bulgarian students in Glasgow vowed to continue their support for the anti-government protests and to stage new gatherings.
Glasgow is one of the cities in the UK with a highest number of Bulgarian students.
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgarians Protest against Ease of Smoking Ban
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore
- » Bulgaria's Parliament Decides on Easing Smoking Ban
- » Refugees, Their Bulgarian Friends Become 'Human of Year' 2013