Sofia Forestry University Joins Student Blockades
Students from the University of Forestry in the Bulgarian capital Sofia are joining Thursday action "Occupation" staged at other schools.
A group of students from the University of Forestry reported that at 4 pm Thursday they will occupy some of the largest halls of the university, according to the site NOresharski.com
The occupation will take place at the educational lab corps with the adjacent auditorium and library.
Bulgarian college students have staged partial or full blockades at a number of universities in Sofia and across the country, demanding the resignation of the socialist-led government and the dissolution of Parliament.
The initiative was launched by the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", which has had its central building blocked since last Friday. No classes are taking place at the central building on Tsar Osvoboditel Blvd and the governing body of the University is in talks with the protesting students to persuade them to lift the blockade.
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Smoking Ban Amendments
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists