Bulgaria-Romania Danube Bridge 2 Structure Is Stable - Transport Min
Defects identified in Danube Bridge 2 between Bulgaria and Romania do not endanger the strength of the bridge’s structure, Bulgarian Transport Ministry has reported.
Even though 20 defects on the new Danube Bridge 2, officially named “New Europe”, were found during a recent check commissioned by Bulgaria’s Ministry of Transport, the ministry itself informed on Wednesday that the identified potholes and other flaws do not put in danger the strength of the bridge’s construction.
The obvious problems such as cracks due to poor drainage of the bridge, causing water to leak under the asphalt, are currently under repair, informs the Transport Ministry.
The bridge was paved in April and launched in mid-June 2013.
Danube Bridge 2 linking Vidin in Bulgaria and Calafat in Romania, is part of the Pan-European transport corridor IV.
- » Construction of Zinc Plant in Bulgaria's Kardzhali to Start in 2014
- » Bulgaria Mulls Setting Up Agency to Restrict Land Use by Foreigners
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Ordinance to Curb Construction Public Procurement Appeals in Bulgaria
- » Gazprom Surprised, Disappointed at EC Stance on South Stream
- » Bulgarian Court to Review IP Theft Complaint of French Alstom