'Sofia Platform' 2013, Bridging East and West
The 4th edition of the "Sofia Platform" Conference will take place in Bulgaria's capital on October 31 and November 1.
The Sofia Platform is a venue for dialogue and exchange of views between non-governmental organizations, journalists, politicians and practitioners from Europe, the Middle East and the United States.
The topics discussed within the Sofia Platform framework cover a wide range of issues: from institution building, constitutional and judiciary reform, reconciliation and justice, to the security sector reform, anti-corruption strategies, role of civil society and media freedom.
This year's conference will continue the discussion on the events in the Middle East and North Africa. Key topics will include post-conflict development strategies, multiethnic states, and comparative scenarios between Syria and the experience of the Western Balkans.
The event is co-organized by the Sofia Platform, the Center for Liberal Strategies, the Balkan Trust for Democracy, the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and the European Commission's Representation in Sofia.
Bulgaria's ex-Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov and the European Humanitarian Aid Commissioner Kristalina Georgieva will open the forum.
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Church Honors St Anna
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014
- » Only 20% of Bulgarian Roma Have Jobs – Study
- » 62% of Bulgarians against Accepting More Refugees – Poll
- » Protesting Bulgarian Students with 'College Day' Action
- » Bulgarian Students Celebrate 'College Day'