Syria Sacks Deputy PM For Meeting With US Official In Switzerland
Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad fired Syrian Deputy Prime Minister Qadri Jamil for reportedly meeting with U.S. official in Switzerland.
Syria’s Deputy PM for economic affairs Qadri Jamil was released from his post for a reported meeting with U.S. envoy for Syria Robert Ford on Saturday to discuss proposed Geneva peace talks, informs AlArabiya.net
“Jamil was dismissed because he left his center of work without prior permission and did not follow up on his duties ... Additionally, he undertook activities outside the nation without coordinating with the government,” said a statement posted on Syria TV.
- » Ukraine PM: Attack on Lenin Equals Taliban's Destruction of Buddhas
- » Attack on Lenin Statue Heightens Tensions in Kiev
- » Protesters in Kiev Topple Lenin Monument
- » Ukraine's Security Service to Investigate Attempts at Coup'd Etat
- » Protesters in Kiev Build Barricade in front of Govt HQ
- » Czech PM 'Dreads' Attending Mandela's Funeral