Sofia Policemen Protest Over New Patrol Routes
Around 40 policemen are protesting in front of Sofia's Third Police Department, against an order of the Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev.
The law enforcement officers are dissatisfied with the Interior Minster's plans to shift the patrol routes, which would mean they will have to make rounds in new areas.
The Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry, Svetlozar Lazarov, has arrived at the scene to talk with the protesting policemen, reports mediapool.bg.
Similar protests will take place in front of other police units in the capital.
- » Bulgarian PM: No Political Purge of Protesting Administration
- » Bulgaria Rules Out Fencing Entire Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Embattled Socialists Would Win Elections Now with 21% – Poll
- » Bulgarian PM: Cabinet Bent on Improving Business Climate
- » Bulgaria's Opposition GERB Suffers 1st Renegade
- » Newest Bulgarian Politician Threatens Occupation of Ukrainian Embassy