Sofia Students Protest With Art Performance, Block Main Street
Bulgarian students from the National Academy for Theater and Film Arts (NATFIZ) staged a protest art performance and blocked main Rakovska Street in Sofia on Wednesday morning.
About 50 students from NATFIZ participated in a protest against the Rector of their university on Rakovska street in Sofia in Wednesday morning, informs bTV.
They organized an art performance as a sign of protest against their Rector, Lyubomir Halachev, accusing him of putting them under pressure to make them cease the occupation of NATFIZ lecture hall.
NATFIZ students have occupied their lecture hall on Monday to show support to Sofia University students and all other students currently protesting in Bulgaria. We are not protesting against the leadership of NATFIZ and our aim is not to disturb the educational process in our university, our protest is against the government, says a public statement issued by the students to the media.
Blockade of Universities is currently the most popular form of protest among Bulgarian student who oppose the government of PM Plamen Oresharski.
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Smoking Ban Amendments
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists