Bulgaria 6th in EU by Bicycle Production in 2012
Bulgaria ranks sixth in the EU by production of bicycles, according to statistics for 2012 of the European Bicycle Manufacturer's Association (EBMA).
In 2012, Bulgaria manufactured 837 000 bicycles, ranking sixth in the EU with a share of 7.8%, according to cycling website velocafe.bg.
Meanwhile, the number of bicycles sold in Bulgaria in the same period were 62 000, meaning that a large part of the Bulgaria-made bikes were exported to other EU countries.
Germany was at the top of the ranking, with a total of 2,211 million bikes manufactured in 2012.Over 2 million bikes were made in Italy, followed by Poland with 1.076 million bikes, the Netherlands with 900 000 bikes, France with 850 000 bikes, and Bulgaria.
- » Nearly 1000 Firms in Bulgaria Delayed Salaries in 2013
- » Bulgarian MPs Mull Tax on All Types of Electricity Producers
- » Construction of Zinc Plant in Bulgaria's Kardzhali to Start in 2014
- » Bulgaria Mulls Setting Up Agency to Restrict Land Use by Foreigners
- » Ski Resorts Most Popular New Year's Destination for Bulgarians
- » Ordinance to Curb Construction Public Procurement Appeals in Bulgaria