Bulgarian Parliament to Vote on Minimum Wage
Bulgaria’s Parliament will decide on Wednesday if it will raise the minimum salary from next year.
The current minimum wage in the country is BGN 310. The proposal is to make it BGN 340, starting 2014.
Earlier this month, the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria (KNSB) called for an increase in the minimum wage, as well as declaring the sum non-taxable. As it stands, even if the wage does go up to BGN 340, after paying social security and taxes, the employee will be left with BGN 266.
If the measures are passed, 286 000 people will receive a pay raise.
- » Disciplinary Dismissal of Ex Sofia City Prosecutor Upheld
- » Tsacheva Becomes Vice-Chair of Bulgaria's GERB MP Group
- » Bulgaria's Nationalist Chief on Shaky Grounds over Lavish Trips
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Submits Draft Election Code
- » Bulgarian Town’s Municipal Bank Accounts Frozen
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Smoking Ban Amendments