EU Extends Rule of Law Sanctions against Belarus
The European Union has announced it extends with one year the term of its financial restrictions against Belarus.
The move is motivated by a "lack of improvement" in the respect for human rights, the rule of law and democracy in the country.
The financial restrictions will be valid through October 31, 2014, according to a release by the European Commission.
The list of persons and entities submitted to financial restrictions has been slightly reduced from 275 to 257.
- » UK Revamps Olympics 2012 Emergency Plans over Bulgarians, Romanians
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Must Boost Incentives to Post-Soviet Countries
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels
- » Bulgarians Rally in London against Anti-Immigrant Policies
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria