Heroin worth BGN 1.4 M Seized at Bulgaria-Turkey Border
Customs officers at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing point intercepted 11.480 kg of heroin during an inspection of a vehicle with a Bulgarian registration plate.
The car was traveling from Turkey to Bulgaria and was driven by a Bulgarian national, according to reports of the customs unit in Svilengrad.
The customs officers found 20 packs of heroin hidden in hollow cavities of the vehicle.
The heroin shipment was estimated to be worth over BGN 1.4 M.
The driver was arrested and the vehicle was seized.
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
- » Bulgarians among Top Complainants with Strasbourg Court