Bulgaria Child Protection Agency Requests Return of Blond Roma Maria
Bulgaria's Child Protection Agency has requested the return of the blond little girl who strangely made rounds in world media after being dicovered in a Roma camp in Greece.
It is not yet clear how she she ended up in the Greek Roma camp near Larissa.
According to some accounts, she was given by her parents, who already had multiple children and are leading poor lives, for care at the other Roma clan.
According to others, Maria was sold.
Tuesday Bulgaria's Child Protection Agency stated that it has taken up all measures to ensure her return and to establish whether she has been the victim of human trafficking.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgarians Protest against Ease of Smoking Ban
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore