Bulgarian National Radio Children’s Choir Head Passes Away at 81
Academician Hristo Nedyalkov, the esteemed founder and head of the Children's Choir with the Bulgarian National Radio, has passed away at the age of 81.
Nedyalkov founded the Bulgarian National Radio Children’s Choir in 1960 – and has been its conductor ever since.
During these 50 years the choir has been on 80 tours and it has given over 2000 concerts in over 30 countries. Its repertoire includes about 800 songs written by Bulgarian and foreign composers.
Hristo Nedyalkov was also a renowned composer and author of over 400 works for children’s and women’s choirs, the Bulgarian National Radio reminds.
He was bestowed with a number of prestigious international awards for his work over the years.
- » Bulgarian Bishop Nathaniel Dies at 61
- » Poland's 1st Democratic PM after Communism Passes Away
- » Influential EU Politician Wilfred Martens Passes Away at 77
- » Bulgaria Bids Farewell to Film Director Rangel Vulchanov
- » Eminent Bulgarian Film Director Rangel Vulchanov Dies at 84
- » Prominent Bulgarian Journalist Passes Away at 65