59 Syrian Asylum Seekers Enter Bulgaria in 1 Day
A total of 63 refugees have entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey over the past 24 hours, according to Bulgarian border police.
These included 59 Syrians, authorities say.
Bulgaria has the capacity to accommodate about 5 000, while over 6 500 refugees have arrived in the country since the beginning of 2013, with local authorities expecting the number to exceed 11 000 by the end of the year.
The total capacity of 4 100 in the shelters under the authority of the Interior Ministry and the State Agency for Refugees has been exceeded by 586 beds. -
- » Heavy North European Storm Claims First Victims
- » Eight Protesters Detained in Bulgaria’s Capital Sofia
- » Two Bulgarian Students Arrested after Skirmishes with Police - Report
- » Tensions in Front of Parliament as Bulgarian Students Rally
- » 2013 First Group of Bulgarian Researches Sets Off for Antarctica
- » Bulgarian Statesmen Honor Hanukkah