Syrian Refugee Found Dead Near Bulgaria-Macedonia Border
The body of a Syrian refugee has been discovered outside the Bulgarian village of Ranentsi, near the country’s border with Macedonia.
The body exhibited no traces of violence, police said on Tuesday.
The 36-year-old refugee had been placed in the Transit Center in Pastrogor. An ID document issued by the Transit Center has been found on the body.
The man traveled by bus from Sofia to the town of Kyustendil and then hired a cab to the vicinity of Ranentsi, according to local media.
Police are investigating the case.
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged
- » Bulgarians among Top Complainants with Strasbourg Court