Bulgaria's Dimitrov Earns Difficult First Win in Paris
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov defeated Michael Llodra of France in the 1st round of the BNP Paribas Masters in France, 6:7, 6:3, 6:3.
Dimitrov conceded the first set, despite leading throughout much of it. The Frenchman, however, managed to hold his nerves in the deciding tie breaker.
In the following sets, Dimitrov looked revived and troubled his opponent with a combination of powerful serves, aggressive play on the net, as well as several great return shots. He took both sets with 6:3.
The Bulgarian, who is ranked 22nd in the ATP rankings, will play world number 16 Fabio Fognini of Italy in the next round.
- » Russia’s Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria’s Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now
- » Bulgaria's Ivelin Popov Close to Zenit Deal - Report