Bulgaria's Interior Ministry to Open 'Human Trafficking' Unit
Bulgaria's Interior Ministry will open a new unit, which will deal exclusively with human trafficking.
The Chief Secretary of the Ministry of Interior, Svetlozar Lazarov, revealed that such a unit would be important in controlling the negative phenomenon, which came to the surface with the case of the little Maria found in a Greek Roma settlement.
Currently, there is a department dealing with human trafficking, in the State Agency for National Security (DANS). Lazarov did not specify if the new MOI unit will replace the existing one, or the two will co-exist.
- » Bulgaria President to Analyze Budget 2014 before Veto Decision
- » Bulgarian Opposition Want Parliament Vice-Speaker Fired
- » Bulgarian Students Protest against Interior Ministry Draft
- » Bulgarian PM: No Political Purge of Protesting Administration
- » Bulgaria Rules Out Fencing Entire Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Embattled Socialists Would Win Elections Now with 21% – Poll