Sofia University Will Extend Semester
The fall semester of the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" will be extended with as many days as the occupation lasts.
On Monday, the Academic Council of the university met to discuss its position on the student occupation, which started last Wednesday.
The Sofia University Provost, Prof. Ivan Ilchev commented that the Council encourages young people to express their public opinion, but urges students to find a less extreme form of protesting against the government, that would not disturb the whole educational process.
Lectures will go on as planned on Tuesday in all buildings, except for the central one, which is under occupation.
On Monday, 3 more universities, The National Academy for Theater and Film Arts, the New Bulgarian University, and the Veliko Tarnovo University initiated partial blockades in support of their colleagues from SU.
- » Tropical Storm Brings Flooding to Philippines
- » EU Adopts 'Track-and-Trace' Tobacco System
- » Digital Map will Provide Information About Schools in Sofia
- » Contaminated Air has a Detrimental Effect on Adolescent Psyche
- » 'Youthquake' Declared Word of the Year by Oxford Dictionaries
- » Six Children are in "Pirogov" Due to Food Poisoning From Chewing Gum