Sofia University Will Extend Semester
The fall semester of the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" will be extended with as many days as the occupation lasts.
On Monday, the Academic Council of the university met to discuss its position on the student occupation, which started last Wednesday.
The Sofia University Provost, Prof. Ivan Ilchev commented that the Council encourages young people to express their public opinion, but urges students to find a less extreme form of protesting against the government, that would not disturb the whole educational process.
Lectures will go on as planned on Tuesday in all buildings, except for the central one, which is under occupation.
On Monday, 3 more universities, The National Academy for Theater and Film Arts, the New Bulgarian University, and the Veliko Tarnovo University initiated partial blockades in support of their colleagues from SU.
- » Death Toll of Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast Rises to 7
- » Blast in Bulgaria's Hitrino: What Actually Happened
- » Twenty-Nine Injured in Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast - Minister
- » Uncertainty over Causes of Bulgaria's Hitrino Blast
- » Four Die, Many Injured in Blast after Rail Accident in Bulgaria's Hitrino
- » Judges Protest against Top Body, Working Conditions in Sofia