Bulgaria's Pironkova Cherishes Home Support
Bulgaria's top ranked female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova expects the WTA Tournament of Champions in Sofia to be difficult, but she is confident in her abilities.
"I will go out and give my best. The support of the crowd was huge last year, and this helped me a lot", commented Pironkova.
Monday's draw placed the Bulgarian in a group with Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic, and Elena Vesnina.
"Indeed, I have some tough opponents in my group, but there are no weak players in this tournament. Stosur is an interesting player, because she varies her style and plays some aggressive tennis", added Pironkova.
The group matches begin on Tuesday in Sofia's Arena Armeec.
- » Bulgaria's Pulev Opponent Pulls Out of Upcoming Fight
- » Russia’s Zenit Latest in Line for Bulgarian Youngster
- » Fulham Coach Praises Bulgaria’s Berbatov, Rules out Transfer Rumors
- » Berbatov to Seek Fulham Exit in January - Report
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Makes It to ATP's Hottest Shots of 2013
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Says It is His Turn Now