Bulgaria's Pironkova Draws Tough Opposition for Sofia Tournament
The draw for the group phase of the tennis WTA Tournament of Champions in Sofia took place on Monday.
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova will be in the company of Serbian Ana Ivanovic, Russian Elena Vesnina, and Australian Samantha Stosur in group "Sredets".
The other group, "Serdika", will be disputed among Simona Halep of Romania, Alize Cornet of France, and Russia's Maria Kirilenko and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
The top 2 women from each group will progress to the semifinals. The matches start on Tuesday, in Sofia's Arena Armeec.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis