Bulgaria's Pironkova Draws Tough Opposition for Sofia Tournament
The draw for the group phase of the tennis WTA Tournament of Champions in Sofia took place on Monday.
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova will be in the company of Serbian Ana Ivanovic, Russian Elena Vesnina, and Australian Samantha Stosur in group "Sredets".
The other group, "Serdika", will be disputed among Simona Halep of Romania, Alize Cornet of France, and Russia's Maria Kirilenko and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
The top 2 women from each group will progress to the semifinals. The matches start on Tuesday, in Sofia's Arena Armeec.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Pablo Cuevas, Faces Andy Murray
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal