Bulgaria's Pironkova Draws Tough Opposition for Sofia Tournament
The draw for the group phase of the tennis WTA Tournament of Champions in Sofia took place on Monday.
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova will be in the company of Serbian Ana Ivanovic, Russian Elena Vesnina, and Australian Samantha Stosur in group "Sredets".
The other group, "Serdika", will be disputed among Simona Halep of Romania, Alize Cornet of France, and Russia's Maria Kirilenko and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
The top 2 women from each group will progress to the semifinals. The matches start on Tuesday, in Sofia's Arena Armeec.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Vows to Get Over Defeat at Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Schwartzman at ATP Istanbul Final
- » Vegan Mountaineer Skatov Also Ascends Annapurna
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Climbs World's Deadliest Peak
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov Reaches ATP Istanbul Final
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Semifinals in Istanbul