Bulgaria Mulls Fate of Roma Girl Maria, Her Siblings
The State Agency for Child Protection will convene a meeting of experts to decide when to bring back to Bulgaria little blonde Roma girl Maria.
The information was reported by Milena Dyankova, an official from the Agency, speaking for bTV.
The Agency's will also decide what to do with her seven brothers and sisters who live in extreme poverty in the same town.
"The responsibility for the daily care of children at risk belongs to the Agency for Social Assistance," said Dyankova, passing the ball to another institution.
She stressed that child trafficking and sale of babies is part of organized crime where illegal channels generate large profits by using the vulnerable position of children and parents to get them in the scheme.
- » Plovdiv, Sofia, Tarnovo, Varna Shortlisted for Europe Culture Capital
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 20 Years in Francophonie
- » Fresh Poll Shows 4% Margin between Major Bulgarian Parties
- » Bulgarian Parliament Rejects Easing Full Smoking Ban
- » Bulgarians Protest against Ease of Smoking Ban
- » Ennio Morricone in Sofia - Encore after Encore