US Used British-Based Unit to Wiretap Merkel's Phone
America's National Security Agency (NSA) used a British spy base to wiretap phone calls of 35 world leaders, including that of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
RAF Menwith Hill in North Yorkshire is the biggest surveillance and interception facility in Europe, according to reports of the Daily Mail, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
At the eavesdropping site, which has 33 radomes to house satellite dishes, NSA experts process intercepted phone calls and electronic data from private individuals, government officials, and corporations.
On Saturday, Der Spiegel announced that the NSA may have been spying on Merkel's phone since 2002.
According to ITAR-TASS, all evidence indicates that the phone calls of the German leader were intercepted and decoded at a unit located on the territory of Britain.
- » Ukrainian PM Asks 20 B from EU to Ink Association Deal
- » Defiant Pro-EU Protesters in Kiev Rebuild Barricades
- » 3 Czech Parties Ink Coalition Agreement
- » Ukrainian Govt Denies Joining Russia's Customs Union
- » Kiev Riot Police Withdraws, Attempt to Oust Protesters Fails
- » Ashton Witnesses Kiev Clashes, Impressed by Ukrainians' Firmness
Btw, Merkel made an angry phone call to Obama..... Come on, Angela ;-) Barak has honestly informed the whole world about USA "exceptionalism", don't You remember? US seeks vassals, not allies, don't You Know? And when one vassal helps Big Boss to spy on the other vassal, it's not the infrigement, it's one of the basic rules of the 'Boss- vassals' relations ;-) So, calm down, Angela, be happy to kiss Barak's lips today...........and be ready to kiss his hands tomorrow.