Bulgarian Orthodox Church Elects New Metropolitan Bishop
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church elected a new metropolitan bishop for Western and Central Europe Sunday.
Anthony, who up to now served as bishop for Konstanta, was elected with a full majority of 10 out of 10 ballots cast by the synod.
His rival in the contest was Nessebar bishop Iakov, who did not get any votes.
Anthony enters into office starting his election Sunday.
The new metropolitan bishop for Western and Central Europe will be officially enthoned next Sunday, November 3, in Berlin.
- » Bulgaria's History Museum with Free Admission for Christmas
- » US Foundation Launches 9th Sofia Student Film Fest
- » Legendary Aerosmith to Rock Sofia in May
- » Top Bulgarian Landmark Honors Patron Saint
- » After Bulgaria, Serbia Out of Eurovision Too, Portugal Back
- » Cash-Stripped Bulgaria Gives Up Eurovision Contest