Sofia Unit of Bulgarian Socialist Party Elects New Chair
Sofia Municipal Councilor Kaloyan Pargov has been elected Chair of the Sofia-city unit of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP).
Pargov was elected Saturday in a run-off with BSP MP and publisher of Duma daily Nikolay Malinov.
Pargov was backed by 99 votes, while Malinov was supported by 84, according to the BGNES news agency.
The other candidates for the post were Boris Tsvetkov, socialist MP and former Municipal Councilor and Petar Apostolov, Chair of the BSP unit in the Krasno Selo district of Sofia. However, they dropped out in the first round of the vote.
The other nominees for the post were Georgi Kadiev, Rumen Ovcharov and Zahari Zahariev, but all three of them self-recused before the vote.
The previous Chair of the Sofia-city unit of BSP, Ana Yaneva, was appointed Deputy Minister of Economy and Energy.
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Smoking Ban Amendments
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014
- » Bulgarian MPs OK Party Subsidy Cut by BGN 1
- » Ex MP of Bulgaria's GERB Vows Independence, Not to Join Socialists