Bulgaria's North-West Development Strategy Plan Almost Complete
The pilot strategy plan for the development of Bulgaria's Northwestern region should be ready by the end of 2013.
Municipal governors of the region met with government representatives in charge of the operational programmes and Deputy Prime Minister Zinaida Zlatanova, to discuss the development strategies, reports Standartnews.
The project envisions increased funds and investments in the North-West, the European Union's poorest region.
Some of the more urgent projects that the governors want to see implemented are the infrastructural ones.
Zlatanova assured that the strategy plan will be ready by the end of the year, so the concerned municipalities can receive extra money starting 2014. She reiterated that from there on, it will be up to the local administration to ensure their effective use.
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party Submits Draft Election Code
- » Bulgarian Town’s Municipal Bank Accounts Frozen
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Discuss Smoking Ban Amendments
- » Bulgaria's GERB Suffers 2nd 'Renegade' Loss
- » Bulgaria to Lift Bank Secrect in Conflict of Interest Cases
- » Bulgarian PM Predicts Economic Growth in 2014