EU Socialists Urge Solidarity on Asylum Seekers - Stanishev
National leaders from the Party of European Socialists have expressed their support of Bulgaria's efforts in welcoming migrants from Syria and elsewhere, said PES President Sergey Stanishev.
Thursday Stanishev, who also chairs the Bulgarian Socialist Party currently participating in a ruling coalition in Bulgaria, was in Brussels where he met PES politicians who are heads of state or government in other EU countries.
"All leaders from PES, including France President Francois Hollande, have declared their support for Bulgaria's efforts to accomodate asylum seekers," said Stanishev.
The PES leader explained that the European Socialists decided to create a working group to develop measures of solidarity with the countries most affected by the surging refugee wave.
"In December, the European Council too must once again consider this pressing issue," said Stanishev.
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Must Boost Incentives to Post-Soviet Countries
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels
- » Bulgarians Rally in London against Anti-Immigrant Policies
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister