Bulgaria Eases Citizenship Terms for Foreign Investors
Bulgaria has passed an amended law that would ease the process for granting permanent residence to foreigners who have invested at least BGN 1 M.
The amendment to the Foreigners Act also envisions easier access to Bulgarian citizenship for foreigners who have made an investment above BGN 2 M, as well as for their families.
The law concerns investments made in public companies or joint ventures or deposited money at a Bulgarian bank for a period of five years. The control and oversight of the criteria will be done by the Bulgarian Investment Agency.
For the first time, it will be made possible to revoke the permanent residence of foreigners, whose investments have been suspended or transferred to a third party prior to the expiration of the term.
- » Bulgarian Renewable Energy Firms to Be Refunded over Grid Access Fee
- » Bulgarian Watchdog Hints at Power Price Cut in February-March 2014
- » Bulgaria's Govt to Review 7 Ski Tourism Development Projects
- » Bulgaria’s 2012 GDP per Capita Ranks Last in EU
- » Bugaria's Constitutional Court to Review Renewable Energy Fee
- » Westinghouse Set to Boost Bulgaria's Growth - CEO