Brazil Embassy for Novinite: Still Collecting Info on Boevski's Return
Brazil's Embassy in Bulgaria is still collecting official information about the surprising release of Bulgarian weightlifting champion Galabin Boevski from Brazilian jail.
More details are expected to be available on Thursday afternoon, a representative of the diplomatic mission told Novinite.bg, Bulgarian-language sister version of Novinite.com.
Bulgaria's weightlifting federation declined comment, when approached by the media.
Galabin Boevski, who was jailed in Brazil on cocaine trafficking charges, and was to spent over 9 years in jail, surprisingly returned to Bulgaria Wednesday.
In its evening broadcast, the public television, the Bulgarian National Television, BNT, aired footage, showing Boevski at the Sofia international airport, arriving on a flight from Paris and greeted by his family.
Only BNT reporter, Yordan Dimitrov, has been at the airport to film the arrival and try to get some details.
When approached by Dimitrov, the athlete refused any comment as did the Bulgarian embassy in Brazil, and his Bulgarian lawyer.
- » Bulgarian President: Never Has the World Been So United in Mourning
- » Bulgaria's Foreign Minister: Mandela Left Mark on Humanity
- » Bulgaria Reiterates Support for Kosovo's EU Entry Bid
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Boost Parliamentary Cooperation over Schengen
- » Ukraine Embassy in Sofia Declines Comments on Pro-EU Protest
- » Bulgarian Red Cross Receives Refugee Aid from Slovakia