Bulgaria's Ludogorets Gear Up for Ukrainian Test
Bulgaria's football champions Ludogorets Razgrad will play their 3rd Europa League group stage match on Thursday night in Odessa, against the local Chernomorets.
Ludogorets have made a dream start in their group stage debut by beating Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven away and following up with a home win over Croatia's Dinamo Zagreb. Furthermore, the Bulgarian side is yet to concede a goal in the tournament.
A win in Ukraine would put Ludogorets in pole position for progressing to the eliminatory phase. On the other hand, Chernomorets will be keen to take the 3 points, which would ensure they stay in the battle for the top 2 spots.
The only problems for Ludogorets coach Stoycho Stoev are in defense, where summer signing Georgi Terziev remains in the injury list, together with Finnish centre back Tero Mantyla.
Chernomorets will be missing their Russian attacker Sergey Samodin, who will most likely be replaced by Spaniard Sito Riera.
The match is scheduled to kick off at 10:05 PM Bulgarian time, and will be shown live on the Bulgarian National Televesion.
- » Bulgarian Goalie Makes It to Europa League Group Stage Best XI
- » Three ex-European Champions Among Possible Ludogorets Opponents
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Finish Europa Group Undefeated
- » Don King to Attend Bulgaria's Pulev Match
- » Bulgaria's Lukoil Akademik Exit Eurocup
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Arrive in Zagreb to Face Dinamo