Smaller Student Blockade Staged at New Bulgarian University
About a dozen college students have attempted to occupy Wednesday the auditorium of New Bulgarian University, NBU, in support of their colleagues from Sofia University.
Around 3 pm, several young people stretched a banner saying: "Occupation in Support of Sofia University; We Are Together against the Mafia."
"I thank the students for this campaign," NBU President is quoted in saying. He told them they could remain in the auditorium as long as they wanted to, provided they did not interfere with the learning process. Students, in turn, have promised to not interrupt classes.
The participants explained they would try to stay in the auditorium, but were not sure whether they will be able to act in the same way as their colleagues from the Sofia University because of their smaller number.
About 60 college students occupied earlier Wednesday the Sofia University's largest lecture hall with demands for the resignation of the Socialist-led government. They are firm to not leave until Friday.
- » Bulgaria President to Analyze Budget 2014 before Veto Decision
- » Bulgarian Opposition Want Parliament Vice-Speaker Fired
- » Bulgarian Students Protest against Interior Ministry Draft
- » Bulgarian PM: No Political Purge of Protesting Administration
- » Bulgaria Rules Out Fencing Entire Border with Turkey
- » Bulgaria's Embattled Socialists Would Win Elections Now with 21% – Poll