All Balkan Countries Will Join EU - EC President
All Balkan countries will join the union when they meet EU criteria for accession, says European Commission President.
All Balkan countries that have applied for EU membership should join the union when they are ready, said EC President, Jose Barosso, during his visit to Berlin.
“Brussels should keep its door open for Turkey”, pointed out Barosso in regards of Turkey EU accession prospects, as cited by ITAR-TASS news agency.
“From a political and economic point of view Turkey is a big country, but its accession would be possible only if it fulfills all requirements and receives approval for its accession from all EU member states, which will take some more time”, added EC President.
- » Ukrainian Opposition MP Elected 'Revolutionary Commandant' of Kiev
- » Chevron Resumes Shale Gas Exploration Work in Romania despite Protests
- » Russia Calls for Iran's Participation in Geneva-2 Conference
- » Thai PM Shinawatra Dissolves Parliament
- » Putin Shuts Down RIA Novosti, Sets Up Russia Today
- » Ukraine PM: Attack on Lenin Equals Taliban's Destruction of Buddhas