Bulgarian Socialist MEP Calls for EU Conference on Refugees
Bulgarian socialist MEP Iliyana Iotova calls for a high-level EU conference on refugee wave crisis.
As a country situated at EU external border, Bulgaria is facing the serious challenge of handling with the significant refugee influx from Syria, Egypt and Libya, said socialist Member of European Parliament Iliyana Iotova at a plenary session in Strasbourg on Tuesday, informs Iotova’s official website ilianaiotova.eu
“The situation with refugees in Bulgaria requires for an immediate convening of a high-level conference with the participation of all EU institutions”, pointed out Iotova.
“The topic of refugee influx should be included in the agenda for the next EU top-level meeting”, added Iotova.
There are around 7000 refugees in Bulgaria already and more are expected to enter the country in the winter and in order for Bulgaria to be able to deal with such influx the country should receive additional financial and logistic aid from EU, informs the website.
- » Bulgaria FM: EU Must Boost Incentives to Post-Soviet Countries
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels
- » Bulgarians Rally in London against Anti-Immigrant Policies
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister