Suicide Bomber Identified in Russia's Volgograd Bus Explosion
The explosion on the bus in Volgograd, which left at least 5 people dead, was caused by female suicide bomber, according to local police reports.
"The attacker is a woman, who has recently converted to Islam. She is the wife of a leader of an organized crime group", said an investigation official, reports Focus agency.
All city bus lines have temporarily been suspended, and will be thoroughly checked for explosive devices.
The blast happened just after 2:00 pm (10:00 GMT). It also injured more than a dozen people, some seriously.
- » Police Start Dismantling Protest Camps in Kiev
- » Ukrainian Opposition Party HQ Stormed by Police - Report
- » EU’s Barroso Declares Solidarity with Ukrainians
- » Ukrainian EuroMaydan Activists Surrounded by 'Berkut'
- » Ashton to Embark on 2-Day Trip to Ukraine amid Turmoil
- » December 9, International Anti-Corruption Day