Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.1-magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered north of the Bulgarian town of Yakoruda in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:27 am Sunday morning.
The epicenter was 76 km south of the capital Sofia at a depth of 2 kilometers.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
- » NIMH: Cold Weather with Temperatures of up to 18-23°, in Sofia Around 18°
- » Astronomical Autumn Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality is Planting a New Forest
- » Decreased Air Pollution in Bulgaria, but Still far from the Standards of Cleanliness
- » Authorities in Bali Have Raised Alert Levels for a Volcanic Eruption
- » Hurricane Maria Makes Landfall in Puerto Rico