Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.1-magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered north of the Bulgarian town of Yakoruda in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:27 am Sunday morning.
The epicenter was 76 km south of the capital Sofia at a depth of 2 kilometers.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
- » Code Orange For Heavy Snowfall in 19 Regions Across The Country
- » Meteorologists have Warned of Strong Winds and Heavy Rainfalls
- » Winter Returns, Precipitation Begins
- » Storms in Europe Killed 10 People
- » Deadly Storm Causes Dutch and German Transport Chaos
- » Emergency Situation Declared in Smolyan and Karlovo