Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.1-magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered north of the Bulgarian town of Yakoruda in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:27 am Sunday morning.
The epicenter was 76 km south of the capital Sofia at a depth of 2 kilometers.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 14 M for Natural Disaster Relief
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded