Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.1-magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered north of the Bulgarian town of Yakoruda in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:27 am Sunday morning.
The epicenter was 76 km south of the capital Sofia at a depth of 2 kilometers.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » Warm and Sunny Today in Bulgaria – Maximum Temperatures at 25-30°C
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 on the Richter Scale in Greece
- » Spring Brings us Good Weather over the Weekend and after that
- » Rain in Some Areas Today in Bulgaria, Thunders in Southwest Regions in Afternoon
- » Earthquake near Bushehr NPP in Iran