Light Earthquake Registered in SW Bulgaria
A 2.1-magnitude on the Richter scale earthquake has been registered north of the Bulgarian town of Yakoruda in the Blagoevgrad region.
The Geophysical Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) reports the jolt had been registered at around 8:27 am Sunday morning.
The epicenter was 76 km south of the capital Sofia at a depth of 2 kilometers.
No injuries or material damage have been reported.
The tremor has not been felt by locals.
- » Sunny Weather Forecast for Bulgaria on Saturday
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Authorities Lift Bathing Ban on Beach in Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey