Hollande Says Deported Roma Girl Can Return to France
French President Francois Hollande has said a Roma girl who was removed from her school bus and deported can return to finish her studies.
However, he said the girl’s family would not be allowed to return to France.
Leonarda Dibrani, 15, was expelled along with her parents and five siblings earlier this month after they lost their battle for asylum.
Dibrani was forced to get off a bus full of classmates during a school outing before being deported to Kosovo on October 9 with the rest of her family.
The case has sparked protests by student groups in France.
Meanwhile, an interior ministry investigation into the case has found that Dibrani’s deportation was lawful. However, the investigation noted that police could have used better judgment in the case.
- » Ukrainian EuroMaydan Activists Surrounded by 'Berkut'
- » Ashton to Embark on 2-Day Trip to Ukraine amid Turmoil
- » December 9, International Anti-Corruption Day
- » Ukrainian Opposition MP Elected 'Revolutionary Commandant' of Kiev
- » Chevron Resumes Shale Gas Exploration Work in Romania despite Protests
- » Russia Calls for Iran's Participation in Geneva-2 Conference