Bulgaria and Germany Top EU Social Funds Absorption
Bulgaria and Germany are ranked top in the absorption of European Social Fund money during 2013.
The European Commission has transferred 16.9% of the funds allocated for Bulgaria during the 2007-2013 program period, suggests EU data. The average absorption rate of the EU member states is 11%.
The most efficient absorption is in the Human Resources Development Operational Program, where Bulgaria has received BGN 980.5 M, or 48.6% of the total available funds.
By the end of 2013, the figure is expected to go up to BGN 1.37 B, or 52% of the agreed funds.
- » Ukraine to Send EU-Integration Envoys to Brussels
- » Bulgarians Rally in London against Anti-Immigrant Policies
- » EU’s 1st Ever Legal Instrument for Roma Inclusion Adopted
- » Domino’s Pizza CEO Defends Bulgarians against Immigration Hysteria
- » Bulgarians View EU Only as Donor, Says Foreign Minister
- » Bulgarians Protest Against Discrimination in UK