EU: Ukraine Should Allow Tymoshenko to Go to Germany
EU Enlargement Commissioner Stefan Fuele has urged Ukraine to allow jailed former PM Yulia Tymoshenko to travel to Germany for medical treatment.
Fuele has told reporters that he expects Tymoshenko to be allowed to go to Germany before the Eastern Partnership Summit in Vilnius that will be held on the November 28-29, 2013.
"I think we are not far away from that," he said, according to international media.
Tymoshenko is currently serving a seven-year sentence for abuse of power while in office.
EU officials have linked the release of the former Prime Minister to the signing of an EU-Ukraine association and free trade agreement at the summit in Vilnius.
- » Mandela Memorial Inspires Historic Castro-Obama Hanshake
- » Full Text of Obama Address at Mandela Memorial Service
- » President Barack Obama: 'Madiba' Resisted Being an Icon
- » Nelson Mandela Memorial Service List of Attendees
- » Ban Ki-Moon: Mandela's Lesson is for All Humankind
- » Steady Rain Delays Mandela Memorial Service